Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Almost, Almost

I almost, almost
forgot the sound of your voice.
Sing, sing!
But, stop. It still hurts.

It is a bittersweet, bittersweet pain.
Eased a little bit every single day
I get into my knees and pray.
The way you taught me.

I'm sorry, sorry
for making "you" an idol
at my love to self's sake:
the real one I worship.

I smile, smile
at the shower of grace that God
bathes me and shows me the truth.
And your deliverance.

Keep teaching me and teaching me
the way you love God.
I see myself, and I think I'm not saved.
I don't have what moves you.

My heart breaks, breaks...
not for you anymore.
But for myself, because I thought
I loved God.

When I see your life, life
I see the work God is doing in you.
God bless you, my friend.
I'm always praying for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment