Thursday, January 30, 2014

Winter

Branches!
Leaves and dust!
The atmosphere let you perceive
the smell of the cold.

Wind!
Sweaters and coffee cups!
Warming the hands of those
who walk thru the dusk.

Snow!
Snow and snow!
"Let It Snow", says the song,
Seeing the clouds cry.

Fire!
Heat and warm!
Flames from the heart,
Burning the residues of ice.

Road!
Dirt and soil!
Are waiting for the seed
To grow and produce.

Something!
Anything or nothing!
Am I good soil,
Or my believes are feeding the birds?

The flakes!
The drops and the stones!
Come to earth with a purpose,
Even more that freeze the bones.

Dreams!
Hopes and plans!
Plans that are not mine,
Christ is holding my mind in His hands.

Sun!
Cloud and sky!
Rays of UV are not enough.
I will be happy to make my skin smile.

Hot cocoa!
Coffee and tea!
Hot beverages that kill
The need of care and sleep.

But no!
Is not enough!
More than coffee and tea,
or any cover to my skin.
What I need is peace.
Indescribable. Eternal.
Is difficult to understand.
Is easy to use the finger.
I'm trying not to linger
or rely in myself,
I prefer cry to GOD for help,
that rest in my own understandings.
Not even trust in my surroundings,
But use the eyes of the faith.
Hoping that one day I could escape
from the prison that I am.
Winter is like night...
When the coldest,
The nearest is spring.
New life is coming.
Trust in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment